Thursday, October 2, 2014

Reeds Law

Reed's Law is based around the workings of social media, and the groups that can be involved in it. The idea is that social media can be broken up into either large groups, or even small groups. There is a process that organizes these groups. This law really sets the ground work for social media, and other networks to communicate with one another in groups. It has simplified the internet. The reason I choose this Law is because I found it to be rather interesting. I believe that this law is used all the time now a days. Social Media is taking over the world pretty much and this is needed. Social Media is something that I use every single day. Even though I hate to admit that it is true. I am consumed by social media. I will find myself on twitter, instagram, and even facebook all throughout the day. Social Media blows my mind when you think about it. It is such a simple idea that has consumed the brains of so many. I can honestly say I am not too sure how people will get their information in 5 years. I want to believe that the internet will still be in use but I am not sure. I do however believe that there will no longer be any written press. I believe with the growth of online networks, newspaper companies will be ran out of business. I believe that everything will become digital. Even our books will no longer be on paper, they will all be on kindles or any other handheld device. It is insane to think that in five years the world could completely change because of technology. There are so many new devices being made that literally almost anything is possible. For all we know we could be flying in hoover crafts in five years!!

2 comments:

  1. Reed's Law also struck me as being the right way to determine value within a network. Social media does consume most of us and anyone who doesn't use seem not as valuable as others. Social media gives us the option to show a little about ourselves and I think that within itself is valuable information.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found Reed's Law the most interesting as well. I also thought that social media played a big role in the law. It really helps the groups form and create value to them. I thought it was interesting that you mentioned no more written press, we are already seeing that happen.

    ReplyDelete